Having a smart home doesn’t mean you can skip your manual chores to maintain it in top shape. Until recently when cleaning your deck, windows, car, driveway, etc., your two choices were to use a low-pressure hose or renting a pressure washer.
Now technology has enabled manufacturers to produce cordless quality pressure washers so that you can easily take care of these chores without much effort.
We needed to clean a remodeling house, so it was the right opportunity to buy a portable cordless pressure washer and test it in the real world. After hours of research, we settle on the VARSK Cordless Pressure Washer and ordered it from Amazon.
The VARSK came well packed in a box smaller than we expected for all the things that were included inside:
- Pressure washer machine
- 20V 4.0Ah battery
- 2.0Ah charger
- 6-in-1 spray lance
- Nozzle with detergent container
- 20ft suction hose with filter
- Mesh and Nylon storage bags
- 13L (3.5 gallons) collapsible bucket
- Instructions and care booklet
The main unit is lite and made of hard plastic that won’t break if dropped. This is important as you will probably be putting down the unit many times on concrete and other types of floors while cleaning. The nozzle is also made of hard durable plastic and the selectable pressure holes are made of long-lasting brass.
The star of the package for me is the collapsible water container. It collapses flat to a small size and when opened can store up to 13 liters or 3.5 gallons. It makes it easy to have the hole unit in the carrying bag without having to take a bulky plastic bucket.
Included is also a foam sprayer so that you can use any liquid detergent like soap or car wash solution. The action of the foam and the pressured water will make quick work of removing grime and dirt off windows, screens, decks, and cars.
- It uses quick-connect making it easier to assemble and disassemble parts.
- Powerful and long-lasting 20V and 4 Amps battery.
- It includes anything you need to get the job done, even a collapsible water container and foaming spray container.
- 20 feet hose gives you enough room to maneuver.
- 6 different water pressure settings.
- The unit has a safety button to prevent accidental trigger activation.
- A collapsible water container and a foaming spray container are big pluses.
This is a lite, well made, and durable unit that surprises with its power and will make your life easy. Although the battery lasts a long time, we recommend getting an extra battery so that you can tackle any major job without needing to wait on recharging the battery.
- Motor voltage: 20 V
- Degree of protection: PX0
- Weight (incl. accessories/cleaning agent): 2.6kg or 3.7 pounds.
- Rated pressure/Working pressure (p max.): 26 Bar
- Max. intake pressure (p in max): 0.5 MPa
- Max. rated flow rate:135 l/h or 35.7 gallons per hour
- Min. Suction Height: 4m
- Nozzle number: 6pcs
- Water discharge time: 10s
These are the common VARKS Cordless Pressure Washer frequently asked questions on Amazon:
How long the battery last?
The battery can last around an hour of cleaning depending on use. It takes 2 ½ hours to fully charge the battery from empty.
Is the battery waterproof?
As per the item description, the battery is water-resistant. Battery should not be immersed in water or exposed to water beyond the equivalent of rain.
Are there replacement batteries available?
Yes, replacement or extra batteries are available at Amazon: Extra battery
How do you connect the foaming detergent bottle?
There are 2 notches on the soap cap/nozzle you must push-in sideways into the pressure gun.
Can you extend the water intake hose?
Yes, you can attach a regular hose to extend the included one.
I can’t recommend this cordless pressure washer enough. Just don’t expect to be able to strip the paint of house walls like with a powerful gasoline one. Where this washer shines is in its portability. It is very easy to transport and setup making it a very convenient alternative to regular pressure washers or a simple hose. You don’t have to worry about electrical power or dealing with gasoline. The pressure combined with the different angles and settings of the nozzle is good for any job around the house.